In today's challenging business environment, it's important for your staff to be able to access and share key business documents as easily and effectively as if they were sitting next to each other, no matter where they're located.
What Is Document Management?
Often referred to as a document management systems (DMS), document management is the use of a computer system and software to store, manage, and track electronic documents and electronic images of paper based information captured through the use of a document scanner.
In most organizations, searching for documents can be a timely process. Think about the number of times per day you have to refer to paper invoices, statements, contracts, delivery notes and more. Although necessary, looking for documents in your business takes time not only for you but your employee and co-workers as well. How much time and money does your business spend looking for paperwork during your day?
Document Management By The Numbers
- $30.00 is the average cost to file a paper document
- $120.00 is the average cost to find a misfiled document
- $220.00 is the average cost to replace a lost document in your business
- 7.5% of all documents are lost
- 90% of all papers are shuffled
- Employees spend on average 50 minutes a day looking for the right documents to do their jobs
(source: Gartner Group )
Why Incorporate A Document Management System Into Your Business Or Organization?
Document management systems can provide the following benefits:
- Secure and protect information as it flows through your business.
- Protect your customers and your important business information from unauthorized viewers.
- Track which individuals have viewed or accessed any documents.
Improve customer service and productivity by allowing your team faster access to documents they need to do their job more efficiently. Your team will be able to find documents in seconds from any device; desktop pc, laptop or a smart device (phone or tablet) or from any location via LAN, WAN or via the Internet.
Lower the costs of doing business by having employees accomplishing more in their day and also the minimizing of space your business needs to occupy by eliminating filing cabinets.
- Eliminate misplaced or lost files.
- Maintain an audit trail of all documents accessed.
- Improve your chances to recover from a disaster by automatically backing up your files electronically.
- Go Green, go paperless and make a positive impact on the environment by reducing paper within your business.
Who Uses Document Management
- Government Agencies
- Charter Schools / Education
- Manufacturing Companies
- Insurance Agencies
- Real Estate
- Law Firms
- Financial Organizations
- Any company that is paper intensive and wants to save time, money while improving their processes
The Four (4) Simple Steps to Document Management
- Scan and capture documents to your system by using a MFD/Copier or a scanner.
- Filing, indexing and OCR are the processes that make sure your documents are put in the correct locations within the system.
- Retrieve, manage and share documents within your organization with a couple quick keystrokes.
- Document management systems make compliance, security and auditing much easier to manage.
How Does it Work?
Documents are scanned directly into the document management system via an multifunction printer or digital scanner. Each document's text is then "read" and indexed so that files can be found based on any given word or key phrase. When you need to retrieve a document, the document management system does all the hard work for you. It will search through millions of files in a matter of seconds. It will give you rapid access to your documents. As businesses become more reliant on electronic documents like emails, our document management systems use 'drag and drop' functions to simply add relevant electronic documents to the scanned paper documents to ensure all information is held together — further enhancing your business decisions.
As one of the Michigan's leading and most trusted companies for document management systems, The Polack Corporation's proven track record is more important than ever when making decisions for your company. Let one of our skilled experts help guide you down the path of increased productivity, cost savings and increased security and tracking of your businesses valuable information.
Document management is just one more way that The Polack Corporation apply technology to solve your business problems.